Welcome

The act of writing, of sharing the circumstances, the gifts and the graces planned and carried out by my Savior and God brings joy, peace, and contentment to know that He has my life in His hands. My prayer for those who read, who share in what I continue to learn each day, many times through my weakness, is that you will be encouraged to look for God's presence and grace in your life also.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Being Content

Being Content

One thing for certain, God wants me to figure out this contentment thing.  After being asked last spring to speak on contentment at a day long retreat only one month away, I actually thought, "This  will be easy.  Contentment is something I "kind of" have a grip on."

Then, the thinking began.
Then, the reading began.
Then, the listening began.
Then, the writing began.

And I realized I knew nothing about contentment.....well maybe something....but only because I was 63 years old and God had been working hard on me for awhile.....problem is.......I keep forgetting.

I do know this for certain—God wants me to be content—not so much figuring out contentment but to just be content.  To reside there (ie. to walk in contentment, to sleep in contentment, to eat in contentment, to talk in contentment, to befriend others in contentment, to even suffer in contentment, to just be content).


How????

To know HIM; to be aware of Him constantly.  Practice the Presence of God
If I am continually aware of His presence, continually aware that life is about Him, that everything I have comes from Him, then it won't matter what I'm doing, who I'm with, what I have or don't have because I know that God is always with me.  ALWAYS here.

I had been given a book months before that God used to change my thinking about prayer.  I could, should and must pray all the time and I could, would, and must look for the answers because God does answer. A Praying Life
 
And then much later....... one more book 1000 gifts; A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are to stretch me, to change my words, to make me more aware of God right where I was, am and will be.

And now.....once more to speak on contentment to moms.....moms on a journey to become more aware of their God in all the moments of their days, their hours, their minutes.  God's purpose for our stories is for His Glory and praise that comes through our awareness of Him always in every second.

And then we will be content.  All of us.  It's called Jesus Contentment.

"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment..."  I Timothy 6:6 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment