Welcome

The act of writing, of sharing the circumstances, the gifts and the graces planned and carried out by my Savior and God brings joy, peace, and contentment to know that He has my life in His hands. My prayer for those who read, who share in what I continue to learn each day, many times through my weakness, is that you will be encouraged to look for God's presence and grace in your life also.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reflections on "His Presence"

2013...a new year...a fresh start....a new beginning.

Well not exactly....I've been doing this for a while...65 times. Funny how a "New Year" draws us to the possibilities...to the wonder of what could happen this year.

My past is certainly a big part of me....it is a lot of who I am.  The work that God has done for me, the work that he has done in me, the work that he has given me to do by his grace and power, the power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead is who I am right now.

That is where today begins....praise God, this life is not about me but about my Creator God, my Redeemer, my Savior, my all in all.

Last year I chose a word for the year. Well, mine was actually a phrase, "His Presence" (click and you can read it also).  I saw progress...God enabled me to see him at work each day as his ever abundant grace came in gifts of beauty, quietness, fires, friends, opportunities to encourage or be encouraged, of just knowing that he is here with me every single day.

This picture was actually of the solar eclipse in the Spring.  Can't see the eclipse but I love the light behind the flowers.

Will I ever tire of this beautiful mountain and the glimpse of God's glory when I see it?

I love butterflies.....so many colors, sizes, markings....amazing Creator we have.

Even the desert blooms with His glory....

An amazing view of the peak covered in snow in May.

In flowers God's desire to give us color, form and absolute breathtaking beauty is seen.  Thank you!

And for friends.....such wonderful friends!!!
And so 2012 has come to an end but another year begins with another "word."  The Lord willing I will have a "word" for 2013 in a few days....as I continue to practice "His Presence" with His help.

No comments:

Post a Comment