Welcome

The act of writing, of sharing the circumstances, the gifts and the graces planned and carried out by my Savior and God brings joy, peace, and contentment to know that He has my life in His hands. My prayer for those who read, who share in what I continue to learn each day, many times through my weakness, is that you will be encouraged to look for God's presence and grace in your life also.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012



  • "And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,"  Genesis 1:17
    "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them."  Genesis 2:1


    Isn't it funny how you see something a dozen times and then suddenly your eyes open and you really see it?
    That happened to me a few weeks ago.  I was reading some things about the Hubble Telescope and saw some amazing pictures taken of space and the incredible facts we are learning about our universe. Facts that helped increase my understanding (to a small degree) of just how BIG our God is.   (ie. strong, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, amazing, and so on).

    In scripture we read words like "host" and "expanse" in reference to the heavens but have no idea that the stars in the heavens cannot actually be counted—at least by our mathematical system. And as far as our powerful telescopes can tell, there is no end to the heavens.  There are more stars than the individual grains of sand on all of the earth.  And this one blew me away—most all of those stars we see (not the planets but the stars) are actually entire galaxies, each made up of millons of stars and planets.  

    And my conclusion is.....WHO is this God we serve? and who am I?


    "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?" Psalm 8:3-4                        
  • I would really recommend that you go to the Hubble gallery with Psalms 8 and 19  in front of you,  prepared to worship your Creator God who has done something we can't begin to comprehend.
  • However!  When I get to eternity with my ETERNAL GOD, I plan to stand on Heaven's portal and gaze on all of this with my own eyes (time is of no matter) and worship my Creator face to face.  For now I will keep my eyes on my God and His wonderful works that He has done and the "things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glorious grace."  (I especially like the visuals that accompany this rendition of "Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus."
  • "The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." Psalm 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment