Welcome

The act of writing, of sharing the circumstances, the gifts and the graces planned and carried out by my Savior and God brings joy, peace, and contentment to know that He has my life in His hands. My prayer for those who read, who share in what I continue to learn each day, many times through my weakness, is that you will be encouraged to look for God's presence and grace in your life also.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Giving Thanks for Steadfast Love and faithfulness

Psalm 138: 1-3 
I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
    before the gods I sing your praise; 
 I bow down toward your holy temple
    and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
    for you have exalted above all things
    your name and your word.
 On the day I called, you answered me;
    my strength of soul you increased.

David, here, in Psalm 138 really gets to the heart of being thankful.

He gives thanks with his WHOLE heart [thanks is always a heart issue, gratefulness springs from the heart]

He bows toward God's holy temple [on my knees before God]

       He gives thanks to God's name 
a Name that God has exalted above all things—a name that is higher than anything else—that is Who we are thanking.

But then we find out what he is so very thankful for.....
   YOUR STEADFAST LOVE AND YOUR FAITHFULNESS.

David had been through a lot....the King wanted him dead, many had chased him, hunted him down like an animal.  At times he was totally surrounded by enemies and yet even when he felt defeated, he could always rely on his God and his God's steadfast love and faithfulness.

How do we ever understand, fathom, grasp just what that kind of love and faithfulness God has for us?  By looking at what He is doing in us, for us and around us in the lives of others.  

The examples we have here on earth  in others, ourselves, of love and faithfulness so miss the mark.  We all fall short of that kind of love—steadfast, never ever changing, no matter what I do or don't do. 
Faithfulness that is really faithful which means there is no selfishness, no underlying motives, no deceit, no self-serving control on His part.  He is just faithful, always there, always on our side, always encouraging.

David said, "On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased."

He answers us on the day we call.  Don't ever doubt that.  Once we call out to Him, we need to begin thanking and praising Him for answering.  And then He strengthens our souls.  He grows us.....

I am loving keeping my "grace list" of things that I see God has given me, blessed me with.  By looking for those "gifts" all the time,  I am more aware of His presence. 

 Thank YOU Father for —

#341.  Downtime, quiet time, reflecting time because of an ugly/beautiful cold


#342.  Frozen meals to eat and a freezer to put them in for such a day/s


#343.  Warm blankets and robes to keep the chill away


#344. Neti pot


#345.  Again, the quiet, soft beauty of a white snow


#346.  The warmth of the sun, the promise of spring


#347.  A robin bathing in February's cold pond....joy


#348.  A visit from Judy, laughter, encouragement, sharing


#349.  Bible Study small group, love, laughter, sharing, compassion


#350.  Salad lunch after......joy, food, friends


#351.  A visit and smiles from Victoria....and seeing your grace in her life


#352.  Wisdom and direction to prepare lessons for conference


#353.  Finding a swimsuit


#354.  Abbie, 21 years of life celebrated....


#355.  FB to remind of 7th grade "bullying" EVENT and new wisdom to look back and see it 50 years later with grace


#356.  Seeds for garden....even new ones to try like chocolate-cherry tomatoes


#357.  Conviction of sin and wrong attitudes


#358.  Online sermons from great speakers of your truth


#359.  YOUR STEADFAST LOVE and FAITHFULNESS that I feel, see, hear, touch, taste, smell, hang on to, depend on every single day. 


#360.  A camera.....to record beauty, memories, time, gifts, graces, love, life....... [spring is coming!]


I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
    before the gods I sing your praise;

No comments:

Post a Comment