Welcome

The act of writing, of sharing the circumstances, the gifts and the graces planned and carried out by my Savior and God brings joy, peace, and contentment to know that He has my life in His hands. My prayer for those who read, who share in what I continue to learn each day, many times through my weakness, is that you will be encouraged to look for God's presence and grace in your life also.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The LOG in my eye....

Between Ann VosKamp's POSTS  (click to read one or more), A Praying Life,  First Place for Health, memorizing the Sermon on the Mount and my own life, God continues to make one thing clear to me--I score high on the self-righteous side.  I don't mean to...I really don't mean to...but..........

I do it anyway. I look at others and many times before I can help myself, I criticize, I judge, I figure out what they are doing wrong or what they could do better. But this is the time, according to Jesus,  that I need to look at me first.

Matthew 7:3 "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?  You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

The problem is, I'm not looking for the story that Jesus is writing in my brother's and sister's lives.  He is writing a story...a beautiful story.  One that begins with them being covered in the righteousness of Christ--they are in a white gown with not even one black mark on that robe.  Sure they struggle with sin but God is working on that.  He is sanctifying them...the process is in place....the promise of completion has been made for them and for me when we see Jesus face-to-face.

And so I pray...
I pray for the Holy Spirit to remind me of His constant presence.
    I pray for His help to see that robe on every brother and sister in Christ.
           I pray for His opening my eyes to see the story He is writing in each life.
                  And I ask Him to help me give thanks for His work in each of us
                   even if I don't see exactly what He is doing....
because you see, I prayed and He promises if we ask, He will do it.

Hebrews 12:18-20 "Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.  I urge you the more earnestly to do this in order that I may be restored to you the sooner."Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen."

[Don't you just love ladybugs? Look for them in both of these pictures.Do you know that lady bugs can eat up to 100 aphids a day?  And their eggs hatch in 3-4 days?
THANK YOU, Lord, for lady bugs...each and every one.]












2 comments:

  1. One of the only insects that I'll actually hold in my hands. I don't want to look too closely at them – or really think about their insect-ish-ness at all – if I do it ruins everything. And I think it was the Greek philosopher Seneca are (I'm not really as well read as that makes me sound) "If you are to judge – first understand." Some say Seneca even knew Paul – a lot of their writing dovetails – even though Seneca didn't know our Lord. Anyway – that's what I get from your writing today – and I'm like you – I need to remember to keep. that. close. Thank you, and God bless and keep you Darnly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Craig. Yes, we do need to keep this teaching of Jesus close...always look at the log in my eye first and get rid of it. Then we can be used to help others.
      God bless you, Craig.

      Delete